Overall, I thought this was a pretty good series but some parts did get boring for me. I really like Ada and Timmy. I also like Gary and Joanne. The ending always made me sad and wonder why it cannot have a happier ending like the Taiwanese version with shui ling.
- Red Flower Demon is made to be too weak here; Nichang constantly beats her all the time. In the novel she is much more powerful and feared by many. Nichang had to cheat during her first battle with her wearing a plate in her chest to protect herself; this doesn't happen in the serial. She was also supposed to duel with Tie Feilong first which weakened her state a bit. Nichang won the duel so easily in the serial and having Jin Duyi distract her by telling her Zhuo Yihang is getting married while she is dueling and pushing her off the cliff. Did not happen in the novel. And also Ni Chang falls down the cliff, meets an old man from Wudang and learns powerful skills that are missing from Wudang for decades. Too cliche!
- Geng Shao Nan is once again a terrible bad guy, and one of the main villains. He betrays Wudang, is in cahoots with Wei Zhong Xian and is killed by Ni Chang at the end. Why does every adaptation do this? In the novel although not exactly a nice person but he is never this evil and betrays Wudang. He also survives in the novel and uses a slingshot. This is never seen in any adaption. He does duel with Ni Chang and gets a mark on his face with her sword. If I remember correctly she cuts off his two fingers in the novel.
- Nothing against Choi Siu Fun but Lian Ni Chang is made to be too serious here. She is also gloomy and never smiles and just seems miserable. What happened to her signature laugh in the novel? I have only seen this in the 1986 version to date; but she is really pretty here. And her practicing some skills in a cave and turns into a little girl and Zhuo Yi Hang saves her and she falls in love while her people are killed. This did not happen in the novel.
- He E'Hua and He Lu Hua are merged yet again into He E'Hua. This character is irritating, doesn't know any martial arts, loves Zhuo Yi Hang and helps her father deceive Yi Hang (though not intentionally, she is actually a nice person here though she is weak). She also marries Yi Hang even though they sleep on separate beds. This is not the case in the novel one bit. She also dies, what's up with that? The character Li Shenshi is also missing, like in every other adaption.
- Wei Zhong Xian is extremely powerful here. It takes Yi Hang, Ni Chang and Taoist Bai Shi's combined forces to defeat him at the end. He is also the main villain who pulls all the strings. He is also not connected to Madame Ke like in the novel (though he does use her). In the novel they are lovers and Ke Ping Ting is his daughter. TVB was being too creative.
- Ke Ping Ting learns martial arts from Red Flower Demon later on after being banished from the Palace. Then Red Flower Demon ditches her and she goes to becomes a Wudang disciple. However she does not accept Ni Chang as a sister and does not even get to meet Tie Fei Long. In the novel she accepts him as her father after Shan Hu's death. At least she survives like in the novel.
- This is a big one I cannot accept. TIE FEI LONG dies here? WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING? While trying to save Mu Jiu Niang's infant baby, Red Flower Demon attacks him with lethal blows and he dies after going to see Shan Hu whom also dies a few minutes later in Jin Du Yi's hands. He doesn't get to meet Ping Ting or accept her as his daughter. I also think he looks too clean and noble here. In the actual novel he is made to be spooky looking. He doesn't really get to follow Ni Chang around like in the novel. He also survives in the novel.
- Meng Qiu Xia doesn't know martial arts here. She is a weak girl but loves and marries Wang Zhao Xi just like in the novel. TVB loves to create or should I say re-create weak females here. Liang Yu Sheng is known for his strong female characters; did they not read the novel?
- Murong Chong plays a small role here. He is actually a good guy and his fued with Tie Feilong and Ni Chang doesn't happen. In the novel though he isn't 100% evil but he was working on the wrong side and defected to the good side at the end when Ni Chang and Tie Fei Long rescue him instead of killing him. He didn't kill Shan Hu in the novel but her death was kind of his fault. This is not shown in the serial. In fact I don't think he even gets to meet Tie Feilong or Tie Shan Hu.
- Ying Xiu Yang is made to be too powerful here as well. He is also a Eunuch that wears a lot of makeup. This is not the case in the novel though he is slain by Nichang at the end like in the novel.
- None of the tribal people are found in this serial. TVB didn't really bother adapting much of the ending in the actual novel where He Lu Hua, her father and Zhuo Yi Hang go to search for Ni Chang up in the mountains. Hamaya is not mentioned and does not appear. I've long to find an adaption where Yue Mingke finds NiChang up in the mountains with a mask on after her hair turns white and he becomes a monk. It is also their duel that they promised but never happens in any serial.
siuyiu: @all i know the spamming is out of control--i've emailed our admin. hope she replies soon! meanwhile, for those who are able, click on the spam threads and in the "settings", see if you can click "report this". that should at least alert the server.
Jun 7, 2016 23:50:29 GMT
reinafu: Hello, all, I see that there are 141 members on this forum, but we seem to be only 4 or 5 who regularly post ?!! Where are you all ?!! Don't be shy and begin to post, it's a cool forum here and we need much more discussions, informations, cool pictures !!!
Aug 4, 2018 11:26:16 GMT
siuyiu: @caiyi yes, we've heard the sad news. yenchin started a thread. and thanks for the late wishes.
Oct 31, 2018 22:26:32 GMT
caiyi: siuyiu. Oh. I tried to search for any tread about the news but didn't find. So, I put at Shoutbox. I didn't look at the right section.
Nov 1, 2018 1:20:24 GMT
Admin: hi guys! I'm adding a new section on the forum. Since so many of good ancient costume series appear in the market, like Nirvana in Fire, etc. A bit touch of wuxia, but not really wuxia. Some are historical fictions with a touch of wuxia,
Nov 28, 2018 9:14:58 GMT
Admin: hope you all enjoy it
Nov 28, 2018 9:15:06 GMT
chefying: Happy Winter Solstice to all celebrating.
Dec 22, 2018 8:54:14 GMT
Admin: Merry Christmas everyone!!
Dec 24, 2018 6:06:30 GMT
reinafu: Merry Christmas to all members and their families !
Dec 24, 2018 20:42:10 GMT
siuyiu: Merry Christmas @all! May the Boards be even busier in the new year!
Dec 24, 2018 22:10:42 GMT
reinafu: Happy New Year to all members and their families !
Jan 1, 2019 11:12:35 GMT
Admin: happy new year all members and their families!
Jan 2, 2019 2:34:11 GMT
siuyiu: @all happy new year!
Jan 2, 2019 5:18:11 GMT