Title: 白髮魔女傳 Eng: The Invincible Snowy Hair Maiden Year: 1986 Episodes: 20 Producer: Amy Wong Adapted from Liang Yu Sheng's novel of the same title. Cast: Ngai Chau Wah - Lian Ni Chang Tsang Wai Keun - Zhuo Yi Hang Chan Kuan Tai - Yue Ming Ke Wang Cho See - Tie Shanhu Cheung Jing - Tie Feilong Lai Suen - Red Flower Demon Cheng Lui - Jin Duyi Lau Wan Fung - Shi Hao Ng See Yin - He E'hua Lee Kar Ling - Ke Ping Ting Ding Ying - Madam Ke Cheung Kam - Bai Min So Suk Ping - Mu Jiu Niang Tong Pan Cheung - Wang Zhao Xi Yip Chi Mei - Meng Qiu Xia Leung Ming - Xiong Tingba Lau Siu Kwan - Geng Shaonan Cho Tat Wah - Taoist Baishi Pao Hon Lam - Zhuo Zhong Lin Wong Wai - Zhu You Xiao Wai Liet - Murong Chong
One of my favourite TV serials of all-times and my favourite adaption of this novel. The first half of the serial follows the novel very closely, almost word for word but the second half there are a lot of changes. It is still the most faithful adaption to date though. Here are some differences from the novel
- Geng Shaonan has a bigger part in the serial, he is more evil to the core and creates so many blunders for everyone. He dies in Ni Chang's hands here. In the novel although he not exactly a "good" person but he is not exactly all that evil either. Moreover his role in the novel is small and he also survives from what I remember. He does not rape E Hua and cause her to become a nun like in the serial. I wonder why in every adaption they choose to make him so evil for?
- He E'Hua and He Lu Hua are both merged YET AGAIN in this adaption. In the serial this character does not even know martial arts, while in the novel BOTH characters know martial arts. She gets in the way for Ni Chang and Yihang here, while in the novel she doesn't even love Yihang but her love interest is Li Shenshi. His character does not appear here at all. Moreover this E'Hua gets raped by Shaonan but thinks it's Yihang's doing and ends up becoming a nun at the end.
- Gongun Lei does not exist in this adaption, and therefore his romance with Mu Jiu Niang and they're child together also does not exist. After Tie Feilong banishes her from the household she doesn't appear again in this serial. In the novel she has an affair with Gongsun Lei and they have a child together and end up dying in their enemy's hands and Tie Feilong promises to care for their child as his own.
- Ke Ping Ting's role is so small here. The character still knows martial arts like in the novel but she is not the Red Flower Demon's disciple but rather Murong Chong's disciple instead. Moreover she dies in Murong's hands while saving Tie Feilong and Ni Chang while in the novel she survives and becomes Tie Feilong's god daughter.
- Murong Chong is also evil to the core here, while in the novel he redeems himself at the end. Tie Shanhu also dies in his hands here while in the novel she dies in Jin Duyi's hands. Although he is not a good person but he was never this evil in the novel. In the novel Tie Feilong injures him and ends up curing him and he becomes a better person and works alongside the good guys instead. He even tries to help Yihang find Nichang after her hair turns white. In the serial he dies in Tie Feilong's hands.
- The last few chapters of the novel is omitted here. After Ni Chang's hair turns white the serial ends. The whole ordeal at Mount Heaven never happens, Chu Zhaonan, Hamaya, and Yang Yun Cong don't appear here, and not even mentioned one bit.
- In the novel the Red Flower Demon and Ni Chang never knew each other, yet in the serial they already know each other when they first encounter. Also the duel they have is different here. In the novel, she had to duel with Taoist Baishi, then Tiefeilong and then Lian Ni Chang while in the serial she duels with NiChang alone. Moreover this character is also purely evil here, while in the novel she never was and never exactly hated NiChang either. She commits suicide in the novel but dies in her husband's hands here (by accident).
- Tie Shanhu dies in Murong's hands here while in the novel she dies in Jin Duyi's hands. Also the scene where she runs away from home and Nichang has to dress up as a man to go find her is missing here.
- In this adaption Nichang has to follow Tie Feilong for a while until he finally accepts her as his daughter. Not written in the novel but I enjoyed these scenes very much. She pesters him non-stop till he cannot take it anymore and his won over by her.
siuyiu: @caiyi yes, we've heard the sad news. yenchin started a thread. and thanks for the late wishes.
Oct 31, 2018 22:26:32 GMT
caiyi: siuyiu. Oh. I tried to search for any tread about the news but didn't find. So, I put at Shoutbox. I didn't look at the right section.
Nov 1, 2018 1:20:24 GMT
Admin: hi guys! I'm adding a new section on the forum. Since so many of good ancient costume series appear in the market, like Nirvana in Fire, etc. A bit touch of wuxia, but not really wuxia. Some are historical fictions with a touch of wuxia,
Nov 28, 2018 9:14:58 GMT
Admin: hope you all enjoy it
Nov 28, 2018 9:15:06 GMT
chefying: Happy Winter Solstice to all celebrating.
Dec 22, 2018 8:54:14 GMT
Admin: Merry Christmas everyone!!
Dec 24, 2018 6:06:30 GMT
reinafu: Merry Christmas to all members and their families !
Dec 24, 2018 20:42:10 GMT
siuyiu: Merry Christmas @all! May the Boards be even busier in the new year!
Dec 24, 2018 22:10:42 GMT
reinafu: Happy New Year to all members and their families !
Jan 1, 2019 11:12:35 GMT
Admin: happy new year all members and their families!
Jan 2, 2019 2:34:11 GMT
siuyiu: @all happy new year!
Jan 2, 2019 5:18:11 GMT